Wednesday, January 19, 2011

It's a Long Way There

It's a Long Way There

I feel like I've been knitting on these socks for an eternity! Started on the 9th and with a few small breaks (I needed to make a square to be included in a friendship quilt) I have been adding a few stitches, sometimes a few inches, each and every day. It took me all day to turn the heels yesterday. I haven't knit enough socks, or for that matter enough short rows, to get the hang of turning the heel in short time. I ripped back the first heel three times before I managed to wrangle the damn thing into shape! Today I've managed to add 3" to each sock. A total of 6". Me. Six inches. Whoa! If this were a single NORMAL, PLAIN sock, I would have finished them three or four days ago. I still believe I knit slow but put in the above perspective.... whoa!
By tomorrow afternoon, I should be starting the individual toes. I’ve never done toes, or fingers, before so this is new territory for me.

No comments: