Monday, January 17, 2011

Time Passes... Inching Along

I thought I would share an image of my eldest furbaby. He's 17 years old. He spends most of his time sleeping and being totally pissy with the other furkind in the household. His extreme slenderness is due to hyperthyroidism. He's been suffering from hyperthyroidism for many years and has not lost any more weight than what he lost initially. My other three furbabies are black and extremely hard to photograph but I will try to introduce them later. It's hard to capture them 'on film'.



Project In Hand:
Five days later: Yes, I've said it before. I am a slow knitter. But I do make progress. I am checking in with the Toe Socks. They are KNEE HIGH Toe Socks! So I feel better. Because if these were regular socks, they would already be done. In keeping with other blogs, my materials list: I am using Patons Kroy Socks FX that I purchased from the Hobby Lobby in Shreveport, LA (Clay Colors 57044 and Cadet Colors 57110; 50g per skein, I started with 4 full skeins...) knitted on US Size 2 (2.75mm) 47" circular knitting needle (KnitPicks Harmony). The pattern is from The Big Book of Socks. The pattern name is "Knees and Toes". I modified the pattern to fit my daughter's 19-1/2" calves. (I'm able to test-fit as I have sizeable calves as well. It sucks but that's life.)


P.S. The socks are being knitted as a pair using the Magic Loop method.

No comments: